No Buttermilk? No Problem!

Whether prompted by a craving, or perhaps, stumbling across a fun new recipe, I bake when the mood strikes, which sometimes finds me unprepared. Me, Miss Organization herself (insert BOLD sarcasm here), unprepared?  What can I say, I thrive on spontaneity and adventure! OK, so maybe my adventurous spirit peaks somewhere around homemade buttermilk...what of it?!




This may be an old trick for some, but it's one of my handiest tips. You see, my very favorite banana cake recipe calls for buttermilk...enough said!


Quick Homemade Buttermilk (or substitute, at least)
less than 1 cup milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar (or lemon juice)

Place 1 tablespoon white vinegar in bottom of measuring cup, add milk to make 1 cup. 
Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir and use.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is great for folks who don't know this.

    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this so many times! It is a great tip, that not many people know about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts